Center for Endodontic Care is open Monday - Friday 8am- 5pm. If you are experiencing severe pain and/or an emergency, we make every attempt to schedule your appointment that same day. We try to keep our appointments on schedule; however, due to emergency and surgically-based treatments, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. We appreciate your understanding.
Appointments are scheduled to include time for patients to express their questions and ideas. Additionally, we understand that many patients want to know what to expect from our office. The following is a list of what we discuss at each appointment to fully educate our patients:
- The patient’s expectations and experience with the tooth/teeth.
- The diagnosis of the tooth/teeth.
- The options for treatment and the cost and benefits of these options.
- Step by step descriptions of the root canal treatment.
- Review of what to expect before, during and after treatment.
Treatment is never initiated until these issues are fully reviewed and all of the patient’s questions are answered.
Additionally, to help the process go as smoothly we ask that patients bring the following items to their appointment:
- Your referral slip from your family dentist.
- X-rays are optional since we will take digital x-rays to help us diagnose and provide the best possible treatment.
- A list of medications you are taking.
- Your insurance card and any insurance information.
- A portable music player with headphones, with your choice of music. We find that music helps relax patients during treatment. If you do not have your own, each of our offices is equipped with one you can borrow during your appointment.
If the patients are under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If this is not possible, prior arrangements and forms need to be signed before the appointment.