Worried about Coronavirus? You are not alone!
The dental office is one of the safest places to visit during the Coronavirus. We have been practicing universal precautions at our office for many years and have been following every recommendation by the American Dental Association and CDC, but we are taking that even further now to ensure your safety.
So, what are we doing to keep you safe while you are in our care?
- Every one of our team members wears a face mask while in the office.
- Our dental assistants wear face masks, eye protection or face shields, gloves, and gowns.
- Our team is trained in proper hand washing and in the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) practices.
- Any team member that is not feeling well is required to stay home.
- All team members temperatures are taken at the beginning of the day and will be sent home with a temperature above 100.2 F.
- We screen everyone before appointments to make sure that you are feeling well before you come in.
- We check temperatures of each patient as they enter.
- Patients are booked in such a way to limit interaction with other patients as much as possible.
- If a patient is being accompanied, their escort should wait in the car to limit the number of people in the office (except for a parent or guardian accompanying a child or disabled patient)
- We use a rubber dam for all procedures which prevents anything from going down your throat. In addition, high suction evacuation keeps the aerosols from leaving the immediate area, reducing the risk to anyone.
- Every instrument goes through a detailed sterilization process of rinsing, ultrasonic cleaning, and heat sterilization.
- We weekly run spore tests on our sterilizers to make sure they are able to kill the toughest organisms known to medical science.
- We are constantly wiping down any highly touched surfaces – including doorknobs, countertops, light switches, pens, drawer pulls, bathrooms etc.
- Our disinfectant kills the virus in 1 minute.
We encourage everyone in our community to continue to take steps to minimize the spread of the virus, as dictated by the CDC. If you have a question about an upcoming appointment, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you in the practice!
Center for Endodontic Care and Team
Step-by-step guide for patients who come into the office
- Pre-screening all patients as we confirm appointments and upon entering the building.
- Social distancing – by asking you to remain outside or in your car until we come for you when we are ready for your appointment.
- Masks-all patients are required to wear a mask while in the office.
- Upon entering the office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- A team member will take your temperature and escort you back to the operatory.
- If your paperwork was not completed online, the assistant will give you the paperwork to fill out and sign. A clean pen will be used by each patient.
- The assistant will do the patient interview and take the necessary x-rays.
- Our doctor will be masked and gloved while in the room with you providing treatment.